quarta-feira, 8 de janeiro de 2014

My personal (skinny and macro friendly) twist on Smore's brownies

Yes, I am currently suffering from massive brownie & baking addiction.
I am a raging food addict (anyone could've figured that out already) but lately & since I am on vacation (lies, I should be studying for my finals) I am having more time to bake and create and am loving it.


I am also addicted to chocolate but that's another story.


Anyway, today's recipe consists of my own personal twist (due to being in a country where Smore's aren't a thing) on Smore's brownies and even though they came out not even looking slightly like Smore's they sure are pretty damn tasty.


This recipe is, like my Oreo brownies, super simple and fast to make and turns out to be super rich and tasty (yes, it also has Mayo in it), the only difference is that you put crackers scattered inside instead of Oreos and drop some marshmallows on top and voilá, kind-of-Smore's-brownies on your plate!

Unfortunately when I made them the first time (in the pictures) I put my marshmallows in too early so they melted completely and the brownies ended up kind of ugly (but tasty anyway!) and I ended up having to dress them up for the pictures :-)


I thought about adding chocolate chunks and/or chocolate chips on top but the brownie batter itself is pretty darn chocolaty and I don't want these to become calorie monsters so I resisted the temptation.

Here goes the recipe all laid out for you:
110kcal Smore's brownies!

Makes 15 :-)

What you’ll need:
  • 180g (1 & 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
  • 15g (1 & 1/2 tbsp) baking powder
  • 1 large egg
  • 70g egg whites
  • 80g (3/4 of a cup) cocoa powder
  • 130g (1/2 a cup + 4 tbsp) Stevia sweetener
  • 10g (1 tsp) vanilla paste or liquid extract
  • 80ml (1/3 of a cup + 1 tbsp) skim milk
  • 50g (4tbsp) fat free mayo
  • 150ml (2/3 of a cup) room temperature water
  • 15-20 plain cookies (I used a typical brand from my country because we don’t have graham crackers here but you can and should use graham crackers!)
  • 15 Marshmallows

How to:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 180ºC / 350ºF and grease a rectangular baking pan;
  2. In a stand mixer mix together the egg, the egg whites, the vanilla paste and the sweetener until fully mixed;
  3. Add in the milk and then the mayo;
  4. In a separate bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix well together;
  5. Start mixing into the stand mixer the flour mixture and water one at a time, starting and ending with the flour mixture;
  6. Crack all the cookies roughly and unevenly and pour in the batter incorporating with a spatula;
  7. Pour the batter in the prepared baking pan and put in the pre-heated oven for about 25/30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out crumbless and clean BUT in the final 5/10 minutes open the oven, drop the marshmallows (I cut each marshmallow in half to use less marshmallows and make them look like more) on top of the brownie, close the oven and finish cooking.

Macros (remember, macros differ with brands and ingredients!):
110 kcal
18g carbs
2g fat
4g protein
(4g fiber)
(6g sugar)


Hope you try them out and let me know how they went!
Love,
Lu *

P.S.: And for tomorrow...



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário